Monday, August 3, 2009

Where Art You?

She's always been within me
Deep within my heart
A stranger til she introduced herself
She said, "My name is Art"

"You've probably never noticed me
And for that I can't blame you
But now that we've become acquainted
There is so much that we must do"

But, my dear, I said to her
I cannot draw or dance
These things I made that resemble you
Were just a matter of chance

"Oh pish posh" she said to me
"Your truth is swathed in lies
Your art is not just yet a visible one
So please don't trust your eyes"

And upon my hand she placed a pen
And said, "Now go ahead and write
Draw forth those golden words
And ink them in plain sight"

My face turned red, my hair stood up
My mind turned brilliant, colorful, bright
How silly of me to doubt my muse
She had, of course, been right

And then she said as she moved away
If you ever doubt me, you'll know I have returned
Because I'll keep handing shiny pens to you
Until your lesson is learned

-RTB
History is full of examples of people who didn't discover their real creative abilities until they discovered the media in which they thought best. - Sir Ken Robinson