Sunday, June 19, 2011

Demix the Remix

They say its been
Remixed
and
Reimagined
But is it really
Or is it just
De-imagined
Unimagined
A village of ideas
Just
Feeling Famine

They say its original
Or
Unbelieve-a-ble
But I don't
Believe that bull

Because what I see
Just
Doesn't seem new
You,
Redo
Renew
I'm tired
Aren't you?

What is wrong
With an original piece of content
We're a whole continent
Without consequence
And this lack of new content
Makes me incontinent

And if you want to
Create then
Create for me
But you've got to think more
Creatively
And if that doesn't make sense then
You can't see
But when you do the same shit so
Lazily
There's no reason for your
Work to be
And if its parody
Or you just parrot me
Or you've ironed on irony
On a pair of tees
And you call that new
Well then your the tease
But don't tear us down
With your snark and sleaze

And I am not saying its wrong to
Recreate
And I'm not up here
To bitch and hate
Give me a mashup
A mixtape
I'll take what your giving
Just make it
First rate

And if recreate
Is what you do
You don't need me
To say
That's OK too
I am saying what I have learned
Is that
Old is new
is New
is New
And we're afraid to try
So we just reconsume
And we resume that tune
That we've already consumed
Scratching out the
Same old
Rhythms and Rhymes
100
200
300 times
And its cool that you've
Found a
New way to do it
But if it's
Already been done
Don't
Make me sit through it

As art is made
With a brand new reason
New fame unfolds
With
Every season
Full of
Tear him down
And take her too
Lets
break off branches
Two by two
Because
They don't
Meet you standards
Strand her
Just because
You can stand her
Because you think
She's a faker
And if he sticks out
Well that wont fly
And its all
Condescension
And
Impersonations
Just blog and vlog your
Indignations
And dig nations
Holes to shit in
Spit in
And keep all our artists
Truly hidden
And if you
Say that
You want some more
Put your
Own pedal to floor
I wont you give you more
To pick your bone
And make your home
On what I've made and
You don't know
Because it doesn't matter if I am
8
18
Or 85
Or you're
An impostor wasp
In my
Jumping hive
So please
Demix the remix
Kick this
Overused content fix
And if you're
Looking for some new picks
Well
Pick me
I am all the content you'll ever need


-RTB
History is full of examples of people who didn't discover their real creative abilities until they discovered the media in which they thought best. - Sir Ken Robinson