Saturday, March 17, 2012

It Begins


I'm thickening my skin
Building my armor 
Plates of steel and iron
Coating myself against it all
Protected defended
Impenetrable

No
too much
I won't feel anything
no point
No sensation at all

So I am thickening my skin
With leathers and pelts
stronger skins than mine
Tied closely fitting snugly over me
a newer better improved me

But still yet
I won't be able to move or stretch
Bend or flex 
an immobile version of myself 
I won't even be myself

So I am thickening my skin
Though I am not quite sure how
I will think it thick
Imagine it tougher
Make it what it needs to be
What I need it to be
Want it to be 
For me to be
Who I want to be.

-RTB
History is full of examples of people who didn't discover their real creative abilities until they discovered the media in which they thought best. - Sir Ken Robinson