Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Faux Fur

I wanted to feel her arms around me in the worst way
I couldn't get close enough to her
Or breather her in deep enough
Four seconds with her was all I needed to know
That I'd never get enough of her
Looking at her made me crave insanity
The way people feel when they flee the dark
Every blink was the great escape
I couldn't take in enough of her
Couldn't hold her close enough
Couldn't hold her at all
I continued to try to breathe her in
Because inside of me
Was the only place she'd be safe from my advances
Oh god I wanted to memorize her surface
I wanted to write Shakespeare on her torso
And whisper Whitman to her knees
I wanted to breathe her in
History is full of examples of people who didn't discover their real creative abilities until they discovered the media in which they thought best. - Sir Ken Robinson