Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Summer Shifts of 2003

My life is a series of 4 hour shifts
At least in the summer of '03 anyways.
Wake up early
Drive to work
Dale Carnegie
4 hours
Tick
Tick
Tick
9 o'clock
3 more to go
10 o'clock
I can't take this anymore
Get me out of this box
10:30
I need munchkins
I'm starving
Somebody get me some god damn...
Ooo thank you.
11 o'clock
Almost there
11:45
What's wrong with this damn clock?
GOOOOO!
11:59
Freedom!

Back in the car
Drive home
4 hours of free
Kind of free time
Lunch
Email
Reading

3:30 Pool attendent
What a joke
I can't opena  band aid
Never mind save a life
Why is this time moving so slow?
Little kids in the pool
Always little kids
Where are the hot girls?
WHERE ARE THE HOT GIRLS?
Oh hell
Tick
Tick
Tick
Check the chemicals at 5 and 7
The highlight of my night
What?
Towel?
Did somebody say something about a towl?
Who needs a towel?
Because I can GET you a towel!
I AM TOWEL MAN!
Oh where are the girls?
7'oclock
I'm so hungry
Nice people
In your nice clothes
Won't you please bring me a plate?
LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M THINKING AT YOU!
Damn it
Oh Pepe` you are so kind
With your plate of sushi and shell pasta
A true friend in good service I have made
Tick
Tick
Tick
Oh sweet joy and rapture
8 o'clock has come

In my car
To home?
The gym?
Some wild party with playboy bunnies?
Per chance all three!
Alas bed time after 12
Only to extend my 4 hour days
I can take this no longer
Signed
Your friend,
Richard Boehmcke
History is full of examples of people who didn't discover their real creative abilities until they discovered the media in which they thought best. - Sir Ken Robinson