Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wonder Years

I wrote you a poem
So write me a song
Make sure it rhymes
Make sure not too long
We've come a long way
Notched a large belt
We've been through so much
Seen, heard, and felt
Fork in the road
Knife in my back
Too little you have
Too much I lack
Choices to make
Reason to speak
Tell me the truth
Lies make it weak
God knows I love you
God knows I care
It's slipping away
See how we fare
Make a choice
Made a decision
No choice, just a scratch
Every word, an incision
No time on the clock
No fear in my soul
Time for a climax
'Cuz it's taking a toll
So take a number
And fall in love
Choose them all
Or none of the above
Side with a sinner
Or dance with a saint
Be who you are
'Cuz I know you ain't
Your heart for my flowers
A kiss for your tears
A hug for your love
My love for your fears
This moment in time
This day in your life
This friend of all friends
The love of my life.

-Rich Boehmcke, Age 17
History is full of examples of people who didn't discover their real creative abilities until they discovered the media in which they thought best. - Sir Ken Robinson