Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Don't Slam the Wind

I cannot write a slam poem about the summer breeze
It's something that does not come with ease
It will swirl and tease
And pass between my knees
And up around my hand to rattle my dangling keys
But anytime I sit down to write of it
This cool summer breeeze
Whether I'm near a river
Lake
Or blissful seas
I just can't write a slam poem about the summer breeze
Because you see the summer breeze is simply too relaxing
Melodically so
Because it does not blow for show
But rather it will pass and go
As thought it must let you know
That it does not blow for show
But rather just to pass the time

So I will try once again to write a slam poem about the summer breeze
But I warn you its just too tough
Because every single time that I
Commence to capture the speed and pounding rhythm of the breeze
I'm just forced to cease
It's simply too relaxing
My mind my race
And set the pace
For this ace
Of a poem to follow
But as soon as I swallow that most delicious air
And sit back in my chair
I lose sight of my goal as the wind picks up every single care
I would dare to share
And leave my mind a blank of quaint serenity

So I apologize to you once again
That I cannot write a slam poem about the summer breeze
I'm sorry I'm so mellow and at rest
Because at Best
I might be able to write a silly rhyme
But I'd rather passs the time
With glorious ease
Just me and my lemonade
In my hammock between these trees
So you know what...

I don't apologize
As I drift off to sleep
That I cannot write you
A silly slam poem about the summer breeze
History is full of examples of people who didn't discover their real creative abilities until they discovered the media in which they thought best. - Sir Ken Robinson