Sunday, May 16, 2010

Direct/Local

Those emails
Like Trains
Arriving at the station
You hope
Every time
This one will take me some place far far away
But every train a local
To Here
Never any where else
Yet everyday
I show up at the station
Hoping for something new
Surprise me this time
Shock me this time
Wow me this time
The same this time
Are there even trains to other places?
Do they even come to this station?
If I stop here once a day or once a year
Would any of it matter?
Why must any of it matter?
What am I even doing here without a ticket?
Who am I wishing will whisk me away?
Who could possibly stoke my fire and push me forward?
How long can I stand in wait before...
Before...
Before I can even realize
What it is I am so afraid of?

-RTB
History is full of examples of people who didn't discover their real creative abilities until they discovered the media in which they thought best. - Sir Ken Robinson