Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Of the Fountain

I sleep and I doze
And I wake and rose
From that place where I had been thinking about prose

Of thoughts in my head
And thoughts that I’ve said
And thousands of books that I wish I had read

So I stand here and gawk
At those people who walk
And always always do nothing but talk

So I think, what is it that’s in me
That’s better than thee
Or is it just something impossible to see

Things that are better than prose written thoughts
Actions much bigger than wouldn’t and oughts

And people much nicer that those that I know
And actions much kinder than those that I show

There are things that are out there that I’ve yet to see
And the only possibility to know what they’ll be
Is to just wait and see
Just
Wait and see.

~RTB in Padova 3/14/04
History is full of examples of people who didn't discover their real creative abilities until they discovered the media in which they thought best. - Sir Ken Robinson