Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Inverse

My 8s all look like Hs
My Hs look like 4s
My ceilings look like flooring
My windows look like doors

My laughter sounds like sadness
My sadness sounds like sleep
I always think I'm starting
When already I'm in too deep

My singing sounds like silence
My smiles look like frowns
The directions all confuse me
My ups all look like downs

My upstairs is my downstairs
My downstairs is a yard
My rocks are always squishy
My mud is always hard

I think about tomorrow
But my tomorrow is yesterday
I was born in August
But my birthday is in May

My friends are somewhat sleazy
My enemies always nice
When I want hot coffee
I always add some ice

My french toast tastes like pancackes
My pancakes taste like milk
My clothes are made of cotton
But I swear to god they're silk

Of all my families cousins
None of them are related
My street is not a private one
I am not sure why its gated

So my whole life's confusing
But to me it's crystal clear
I'm not really thirsty
But I think I'll have a beer

-RTB
History is full of examples of people who didn't discover their real creative abilities until they discovered the media in which they thought best. - Sir Ken Robinson