Friday, September 11, 2009

Wenner We Leaving

The Sun was setting on my patience for work

My Days
Thought bathed in a bleeding orange
Were quickly becoming colder

My eyes were reflections of the end
My retinas singed by staring so
Intently
At my approaching fate

I was so enraptured I couldn't look away
Couldn't do anything else
I had to watch

Like a writer watching the movie he penned
I knew the ending
Knew the finale
And couldn't look away

Because it was a beautiful finale
I reveled in it
What it signified was slightly saddening
But that is not what mattered

Tomorrow's sunrise is what intrigued me
Because I hadn't seen that one
Not yet anyway

-RTB
History is full of examples of people who didn't discover their real creative abilities until they discovered the media in which they thought best. - Sir Ken Robinson